- Test your spa's chlorine, bromine, pH, and alkalinity levels every week.
- If your pH falls outside the range of 7.2 and 7.8, adjust the accordingly using pH Up or pH Down.
- If your akalinity falls outside the range of 80 and 100, adjust accordingly using Alk Up.
- For crystal clear water add a capful of Prevent II stain and scale remover, and 1 ounce of Spa Clarifier.
- NOTE: If your spa has an ozonator, you may not need to use a clarifier. Your ozonator will naturally filter out small particles that make your water appear cloudy.
- Repeat sanitation as in the Start Up. (add bromine or chlorine as needed).
- Rinse your filter cartidge with clean water. To help remove the build up of grease, soak your filter cartidge in cleaner at least once a month. You may have to do this more often if your spa is used frequently.
- Replace the spa ball or zorbie as needed to help keep the scum line away. A spa ball will float around your spa and continually rub the scum line at the surface of the water.
- If you are new to water maintenance, test your spa water daily to ensure you have a proper sanitizer level. When using an ozonator, you can keep the bromine or chlorine level at the low end of 'ideal' on your test strip. You will find that your spa will use less sanitizer because the ozone acts as a sanitizer. Because you are using less chemicals with an ozonator, balancing becomes easier and less time consuming.